Lately, I've been working out at Equinox 3-5 times a week. I'm getting ready for the 100th Annual Bay to Breakers foot race in San Francisco with my mom- 12K.
With a little inspiration from the traditional "eggs rancheros" and Eggs over toast I've created a delicious healthy pre or post work out snack! Today I made this late in the afternoon and cut all the ingredients in half so I wouldn't be full for dinner!
What you'll need:
- 2 slices of Wheat Toast
- 2 eggs or 4 Egg whites
- 1/2 Avocado sliced
- 1 Spoon full of fire roasted salsa
- 1 Spoon full of Sour Cream
- 1 Spoon full of shredded Mexican cheese mix
- 1 Spoon full Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Put the bread into the Toaster.
- Heat Olive Oil in frying pan
- Cook eggs- to desired consistency. (I prefer egg whites, or over medium eggs)
- Once the eggs and toast are done, layer toast with: spinach (raw or lightly sauteed), eggs, cheese, sour cream, Avocado then Salsa.
Enjoy! Today I enjoyed this with a serving of O.N.E Active Lime Coconut Water.
This meal gives you the protein needed after exercising and is light enough for a snack or breakfast! It really has become one of my favorite quick fixes!!!