Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Super Smoothie

I've always loved smoothies.  I remember making fresh fruit smoothies with Grandma Meloney and my Mom.  I also loved trips to Jamba Juice after soccer or volleyball practice / games with Mom.

This Super Smoothie is delicious and healthy.  Adding or subtracting fruits and veggies is up to you!  Put in what you like... after all my motto is "no smoothie should ever taste exactly the same as the one before!"

What you'll need:
  • Kale- about 15-20 individual leaves, take the stems out. 
  • Juice from 2-3 Lemons (depending on size).
  • Juice from 1 Lime.
  • 1/4-1/2 Cup Pomegranate Juice. (good substitute: soy / almond or hemp milk)
  • 1 Avocado
  • 4 heaping spoon fulls of ground Flax Seed
  • 1/2 of a large cucumber sliced
  • 1 Banana
  • 5-6 Strawberries
  • 2 Kiwis
Additional ideas: Blueberries, Grapes, Apple, Sprouts or even Beats.

I like to make these just before bed, and have it ready to go in a mason jar, or to go cup for breakfast on my way out the door! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment