I figured I'd make something easy, fun and delicious, while keeping it healthy and light!
What you'll need:
- Oroweat Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins (buns) (Costco)
- 2 LBS Organic Ground Beef (Costco)
- 1/2 Yellow Onion + a little olive oil
- Cheese- Provolone, American, Cheddar- YOUR choice
- Slice up the onion and grill in Olive Oil.
- Mince 2-4 cloves of Garlic.
- Mix ground beef with Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Oregano.
- Split into individual amounts (divide by the number of people or desired burgers).
- Roll into balls, about the size of your palm.
Flatten the rolled meat into thin patties and grill! I usually use a griddle over my stove- only because I don't have a BBQ Grill right now!
Toast the Sandwich thins (these are 100 calories, whole wheat, and pretty delicious!)
Once the meat is done, top with your favorite cheese, your desired toppings and ENJOY!!!!