What You'll Need:
- 1 day old Baguette
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract- I always put more!
- 1 TSP Orange Zest- I use the zest of 1 large naval orange... more flavor!!!
- 2 TBSP Orange Juice- from the orange you zested.
- 4 1/2 TSP Sugar- plus a little extra :)
- 3/4 TSP Salt
- Butter as needed for the pan.
Slice the Baguette into 1 1/2 - 2 inch slices.
Submerge the bread into batter, soak for 10 to 15 minutes - flip bread over half way through.
Warm a few TBSP of Butter on a cast iron frying pan, and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown.
If cooking for a large number of people, warm the oven to 200 and set bread in oven to keep warm while you cook another batch... or serve immediately.
Sprinkle with Powdered Sugar and serve with warm Maple Syrup.
Enjoy with a cup of coffee, tea, milk or OJ and GO Chargers!!!